10 Highly Medicinal Plants Worth Planting
Ever wonder about natural cures? Mystic healings? Or maybe your familiar with home remedies, that have been passed down from generation to generation? Whatever the case, we've got a list of the best, highly medicinal plants worth planting. So roll up your sleeves as we dig into the top 10!
- 1. Aloe Vera: The sap from aloe vera is extremely useful to speed up healing and reduces the risk of infections of wounds, burns, cuts, eczema, and reduces inflammation. Some even drink the juice of the Aloe Vera plant to treat digestive problems and poor appetite.
- 2. Pot Marigold: A well known remedy for skin problems such as bites, stings, sprains and varicose veins.
- 3. Gotu Kola: Stimulates healing of ulcers, decreasing capillary fragility, and also used to revitalize the brain and nervous system.
- 4. Comomile: Has been used to treat common aches like toothaches, earaches, and neuralgia.
- 5. Globe Artichoke: Improves liver and gall bladder function, stimulates the secretion of digestive juices, and lowers blood and cholesterol levels.
- 6. Siberian Ginseng: Its medicinal properties are used to treat bone marrow suppressions caused by chemotherapy or radiation, insomnia, and memory improvement.
- 7. Tea Tree: Used to treat vaginal infections, acne, athlete's foot, and warts.
- 8. Lemon Balm: Crushed leaves, rubbed onto skin are used as mosquito repellent, herpes, sores, and fever.
- 9. Peppermint: Used to treat fevers, inhibit bacterial growth, against upset stomachs, and flatulence.
- 10. Cannabis (Medicinal Marijuana): Used in treating Glaucoma by decreasing the pressure in the eyes, increases lung capacity reversing the damaging effects of smoking tobacco, epileptic seizures, and may also prevent cancer from spreading. THC is also known to slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
There you have it! 10 Plants with medicinal properties. Do you grow any of these currently or know of any other natural healing powers you'd like to add to the list?